Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Vaca

so i have been in an ADD packing frenzy.

We are leaving for vacation on Saturday am (1:00 am to be exact)
ANYBODY from MICHIGAN?

That is where we are going and i am in love with it..
with Michigan...

beaches and water (no salt water!)
small, quaint little towns
and for us a realtively short drive (just over 7 hrs...can't complain if it gets us to the beach!)

I am super disorganized in much of my life (even though i try to seem like i am not)
I AM
Vacations are time when i am super type A

I research the place we are going to until the cows come home.
NO. SERIOUSLY...IT. IS. AN .OBESESSION.
I love to explore the new areas, and experience the places we go in full force but not in a "super tourist" way. I dont need all of the typical attractions...just some good eats, some good peeps, some local culture and time with whomever i am traveling with.

So last year, by the recommendation of a friend, we discovered PURE MICHIGAN (do i sound like the commerical now?)

I fell in love.
with Michigan...
Did i already mention that?

Ive had a busy work schedule lately..it is busy season for babies...which gets me to thinking...i need another one (BUT that is another post)
anyway, busy season for babies so i have been busy at work  and at the end of this week.
It is vacation time.

We don't need extravagant vacations...no flying, no different countries or traveling the world.
Just Michigan.
Money can be tight at times and i probably need to get my eyebrows waxed, my hair did...
AND we could probably spend the money to update our home, buy back to school supplies, pay misc bills, or spruce up our wardrobe
BUT
my boys wont care what my eyebrows looked like or if my grey hairs were showing a little too much..

What they will remember {hopefully} is
riding the chain ferry across the river in Michigan
taking a dune buggy ride in Michigan
blueberry picking in Michigan
playing on the beach in Michigan
getting knocked down by the waves with mom and dad in Michigan.
Making memories in Michigan



THESE ARE PICS FROM LAST YRS Michigan TRIP!




Michigan- Here we come! 


No comments: